New to the Sugga/Suggah/Suggan world

Post here any thing you will like to tell others!

Moderators: gduhem, Morten

New to the Sugga/Suggah/Suggan world

Postby meanbob » 06 Jun 2013, 18:30

Those are the three ways I have seen it spelled, I shouldn't fancy there are many more. I am currently hunting the wiley Sugga here in southern California. They are thin on the ground here but I am patient. Not Sun Tzu patient , but patient none the less. My hope is to run across a find like Bunker Hill. I despise vehicle hoarders, they are the bane of the restoration hobby.
I have been restoring for several decades Jags, Humbers, Wolseley and Triumph so I am conversant with Lucas god of Darkness. I have also restored Packards, Buicks and Chryslers and a few odd marques as they crossed my path. Currently I am restoring a couple Dodge Powerwagons and a Power Giant.
From my observations the TP21's have a great deal of commonality with Powerwagons, there must be some command car DNA in there somewhere.
We will be in Northern Europe near summers end on a genealogical holiday and I plan to do a bit of Sow hunting then. Perhaps I will meet one or two of you there.
meanbob

Re: New to the Sugga/Suggah/Suggan world

Postby rodbargee » 07 Jun 2013, 23:11

Hi Meanbob

There are a few sow's around at the moment, a fully restored one in the UK on ebay, didn't sell and is still for sale, very near me actually, (see the sows for sale forum) and others posted about too. Let us know which part of Europe you land in!

Best regards
Adam
rodbargee

Postby meanbob » 08 Jun 2013, 06:27

We will be poking about Norway, Sweden and possibly Denmark . But who knows where we'll actually end up. My wife and I are notoriously bad at sticking to the script. For that reason we are generally unwelcome on package tours.
I have been ogling the sale listings here and on a number of other European sites for quite a while. Like everyone I have a budget to work with so patience is key.
meanbob

Postby Glynn » 10 Jun 2013, 20:17

Welcome if you cannot find a Sugga (but i think you will ) what about a Tl12 or Tl22 equally as cool. :roll:
Glynn

Postby meanbob » 11 Jun 2013, 04:58

122's are not my cup of tea really. But thanks for the suggestion.
meanbob

Return to Info about TP21